Monday, December 15, 2008

WHERE ARE THEY NOW: ASHLEY WILLIAMS (EX-DANI; ATWT)

Ashley Williams will play the role of Sandy Snowden in the upcoming ABC Family original movie, Snow 2 Brain Freeze....

Question> How did you get your start as an actress?

Ashley> Yes, okay, so my sister was suddenly starting to like make money and do commercials when she was probably 14 or 15. We had a very close friend who was the next door neighbor, who was on Another World, her name was Anna Holbrook, and she was like a role model for me and my sister and actually my brother. And once my sister started making money, we all realized that we could make money and my parents were thrilled, because my dad's a writer and my mom's like a fundraiser. So the idea of like income from something that made us happy was really exciting. Anyway, once she started working, then my mom would have to take her into auditions and then she was like, "Well if I have to make the car trip into New York City anyway, I should just take all the kids." And so we all started auditioning, we all got agents, and then I did a couple of commercials and then I did As the World Turns for two years and then I just went to theatre school and everything sort of fell into place.

Entire article, here.

Williams is pictures above with Jordana Brewster, who played Nikki Munson. During Williams' tenure on the show, a teen Dani had to deal with her father, Steve, being in jail -- even going so far as to lie and claim that he was an international spy. Dani and Nikki fought over two different boyfriends, Jeremy and Ryder, with Dani coming out the loser both times (mostly due to her own insecurity). She ended up graduating high-school and leaving town. Though, as we've seen recently, not picking up a better taste in men.

To watch Anna Holbrook on Another World, check out the episodes currently airing on Hulu.com.

1 comment:

Oakdalian said...

"During Williams' tenure on the show, a teen Dani had to deal with her father, Steve, being in jail... She ended up graduating high-school and leaving town. Though, as we've seen recently, not picking up a better taste in men."

If there was attention paid to characters and history, Steve would be in Oakdale, about to put a fist through Craig's face. Instead, Craig is in an unending rivalry over a woman who would be better off without either suitor.