Tuesday, December 07, 2010

FA LA LA LA LIGHT: A GUIDING LIGHT CHRISTMAS FLASHBACK
By Alina Adams

Yesterday, I expounded on how my love of Christmas and television (not to mention my love of Christmas on television) helped shape my assimilation as a new American.

I also put up a classic ATWT Christmas clip.

Today it's GL's turn. Enjoy Christmas Eve 1983: After Phillip found out about his true parentage, he and Beth, who was still reeling from having been raped by her stepfather (are their traumas even vaguely comparable? I'm going to have to say no. Did Phillip think they were? Well... he was a very melodramatic lad), the young lovers ran off to New York City, and met a figure destined to play a big role in their lives for many years to come....



***

Alina Adams is the co-author, with Julia London, of "Jonathan's Story."

No comments: