Thursday, August 04, 2011

THIS TIME I'M REALLY GOING TO DO IT!

In it's final (and, as often happens, weakest) season, my all-time favorite sitcom, SOAP, featured a character named Leslie (Marla Pennington, who went on to greater fame as the mom in Small Wonder), with a tendency to break into rooms shrieking, "This time I'm really going to do it!" threatening to commit suicide in a series of more and more bizarre ways, and always failing spectacularly.

For the last month, I've been saying I'm going to close submissions for Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments, but then another great one would come in, and I'd keep it open "just a few days longer."

Well, this time, I'm really going to do it. I have to. As an enhanced e-book, Soap Opera 451 needs to be not just edited like a print work, but also formatted, coded and uploaded in time for a September 2011 publication.

So, this time, I'm really going to do it. This coming Monday, August 8, 2011, is absolutely the last day I can accept your submissions and comments on scenes that show daytime at the very top of it's game. (The ones below are definitely going to be featured in the book, and thus most likely to include your thoughts. But, if you've got others, we're still open to hearing them - for the next few days. No more. I promise, tech guys!)

So far, I can tell you that CarJack (ATWT) fans lead the pack with most memories of their favorites, followed by BJ's heart (GH), Karen on the stand (OLTL), The Slut of Springfield and Otalia (GL).

Are you going to let that record stand?

We want to hear from fans of all the shows! But, it's got to happen now! (E-mail me at AlinaAdams@gmail.com!)

Still looking for further comments on:

GH: Stone and Robin
AMC: Bianca comes out to Erica
OLTL: Marty's rape
DARK SHADOWS: Barnabas/Maggie/Josette
PC: Kevin mourns Eve
AMC: Laura's death
OLTL: Bo and Nora's wedding
DOOL: "Roman" sees a presumed dead Marlena alive on the pier
Y&R: David's KILLER plastic surgery, the masquerade ball and death by garbage chute
DOOL: Eileen Davidson plays five different roles - and lives to tell about it!
GL: Olivia and Natalia's romance
Y&R: Dru/Neil/Malcolm and Lily's paternity reveal
EON: Draper's Great Train Escape

No comments: