Thursday, October 14, 2010

WHO'S WHO?
By Alina Adams

I am reading a book called You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up: A Love Story by Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Kahn (and I highly recommended it; it's very funny, though perhaps only to me... their relationship is eerily similar to mine and my husband's.)

But, anyway, on page 20 of the hardback edition, Ms. Gurwitch writes:

I had my share of "showmances," including my soap opera costar, who called me my character's name while we were having sex....

Intrigued, I instantly whipped out my trusty researcher skills (I was a researcher for the Daytime Emmys from 1996 to 2005; you know those factoids that the announcer intones while the winners are walking up to get their awards? That's me!), and gleaned the following:

Annabelle Gurwitch played Gina Daniels on Guiding Light in 1984 and 1985.

Who was Gina, you ask? (I know I had to ask.)

Gina was a member of the Galaghads, the street gang Lujack ran with before he learned he was a Spaulding, fell in love with Beth, and started hearing Almost Paradise playing every time he turned around.



So who was Annabelle Gurwitch's soap opera mystery man?

I'll keep reading and let you know if I find out anything more!

In case you want to join me, the book is available at Amazon.com (like I said, it is very funny):



Oh, and I finally finished reading Tina Sloan's book. She drops a few hints about on-set co-star flirtations, as well.

Check it out at:

No comments: