Monday, October 25, 2010

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #77-1

Lorna took Jamie's free hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "Spencer will be good to her."

"How can you be sure?"

"He's old. It just wouldn't be smart of Spencer to go around treating people like crap so close to his looming Pearly Gates appointment. And a guy like Spencer, he always plays the odds. At this stage of the game, he's got to be in serious atonement mode. Though I can't imagine what he could ultimately do to make up for siring Grant."

"If you look at it from a Star Wars point of view, it's not the man but his progeny that's the true legacy. And Spencer and Grant couldn't ask for a better legacy than Kirkland."

"That's thanks to you, not them. Don't give either Spencer or Grant any undue credit."

"Work with me, Lorna. I'm doing my best to convince myself not to bust into the bridal suite and tell Alice that she's making a huge mistake marrying a man who once dated Iris, of all people, while simultaneously flirting with my mother."

"So, do it then. Alice would listen to you, you know she would."

"I've played the loud-mouthed, overbearing, inflexible, judgmental, his-heart-is-in-the-right-place-but-it's-really-none-of-his-business role before. It did not end well."

"Paulina and Jake?" Lorna hadn't really known Jamie all that well while the conflict was going on, but she'd been in town and picked up enough to recall how everything ended.

"I was relentless. No matter how many people told me to cut Jake some slack, I wouldn't back down."

"Well, given your history with him... Jake almost ended up being Steven's father. He raped Marley. "

"Yeah, well, as right as I felt I was not to let Jake or anyone else forget what he'd done — which, given my own insight since then, is grossly ironic — Jake was Paulina's mistake to make. It wasn't my place to so much as have an opinion, much less act on it. By forcing the issue, I drove her to choose."

"And she chose Jake."

***

On Spencer and Alice's wedding day, the three Harrison men share a bonding moment that prompts a heartfelt confession from Grant, Alice offers Jen advice on accepting another woman's child (she's so been there/done that), Amanda and Lila pull out their claws, Felicia extends an olive branch to Lorna while deliberately pushing Marley's buttons, and Jamie attempts to learn from past mistakes.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2010/2010_77p1.html

We want to hear from you! Another World Today is committed to fan interaction and input. Let us know where you'd like to see the story go at the SoapOpera451 message board (http://www.soapopera451.com/talk/mboard.php) and the Official Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Another-World/307355595460?ref=search&sid=13800416.3728872026..1)

No comments: