Monday, January 23, 2012

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #142-1

“I will fight for you, Rachel,” Carl said calmly. “I shan’t go gently into the good night, you must know that, as well.”

“I’ll fight for you, too. For us. I know you don’t believe it, but, that’s precisely what I’m doing now.”

“They have no right,” Carl insisted. “Jamie, Amanda and Matthew have no right to tell you who you may or may not choose to spend your life with.”

“They didn’t,” she said softly. “They merely informed me that if I chose a life with you, they’d in turn choose to be no part of it.”

He hesitated, then confessed, “You know my instinct is to say, the hell with them.”

“I know. You’ve been doing a yeoman’s job suppressing it.”

“Your children initially objected to our marriage. Not merely Amanda with her Hadley Prescott masquerade, but Matthew bringing Alexander Nikos to town. We stood united in the face of their shenanigans, and they backed down in due course. What makes you think we can’t make that happen again, without employing these extreme measures?”

“Because. Fifteen years ago, you were merely the man their father hated. You’d been a threat to me, to them, but that was in the past. Now, you’re a threat to their children.”

“Poppycock! Kirkland – “

“I know. I understand. They don’t. I want to make them understand. But, I can’t while the situation is still so fraught. You moving out will calm the waters. It will allow them to let down their guards and listen to me. Without preconceived notions. I want to make it so that you can come home, Carl. I want to make is so that everyone can come home.”

“When?”

****

Carl questions Rachel's plan for reuniting her family, Donna challenges Matt to step up, Kirkland confirms Grant's worst fear, Kevin asks Morgan for a favor, Lucas provokes Felicia, and Cass and Frankie face a no-win scenario.

Help them make their decision at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2012/2012_142p1.html

No comments: