Thursday, January 05, 2012

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #139-2

Felicia asked, "Has there been any word on Kirkland?”

Donna shook her head, pained. “When Steven called, he only told me to come pick up Michele and Bridget. I guess I’m not worthy of being told how my grandson is faring.”


“I haven’t heard anything either,” Felicia confessed. As close as she was willing to come to commiserating about their mutual, respective persona non grata standings.


“Will you let me know if you do? I realize I have no right to ask, but I’m afraid… I’m so afraid for Kirkland. I love all my grandchildren equally, I swear I do. But, Kirkland… Kirkland has always seemed the most vulnerable. The most sensitive. Steven, he has his purely intellectual world to withdraw into, nothing can hurt him there. And the girls, it’s silly of me, wishful thinking, perhaps; but I can’t help believing they’ve inherited both Jake and Victoria’s resilience. They just roll with the punches, no matter what. Kirkland – it’s as if he were missing some protective layer the rest of us are born with.”


“If we’re lucky.”


“If we’re lucky,” Donna agreed. “He’s so open, so trusting, so decent… and so easily wounded, as a result.”


“He has a great many people pulling for him. And Jamie will see to it he gets the best possible medical care.”


“I don’t know how much more of it I can stand,” Donna burst. “Being shoved to the outskirts of my family in this manner. I’ve already lost Michael and Victoria, now Marley wants nothing to do with me, and if Steven ultimately has his way, neither will Michele and Bridget. What right do any of them have… How dare they? Who do they think they are, by virtue of what extensive life experience or innate superiority do our children decree themselves qualified to judge us?”


***

Donna and Felicia find themselves in the same boat, Kirkland's crises prompts a surprising reaction from Steven, a heroic gesture by Grant, manipulation by Sarah, and Rachel to come forward. Meanwhile, John reaches out to Sharlene - with unexpected results, and Dean comes to see Matt about Jeanne.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2012/2012_139p2.html

No comments: