Wednesday, May 04, 2011

HEADING INTO THE HOME STRETCH....

Thank you to everyone who contributed a favorite scene for Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments.

I've had a blast going through your suggestions, and getting in touch with the actors, writers and producers who made them happen, so they could comment on your picks.

What I found interesting is that Y&R and B&B, the two currently highest-rated soaps have had the least nominations (even Ryan's Hope, Loving, Santa Barbara and Capitol, soaps long off the air, received more).

I don't think the phenomenon can be attributed to advance nostalgia for AMC and OLTL, since I was getting their nominations in even before the cancellation announcement.

Why do you think Y&R and B&B have been so underrepresented?

Meanwhile, if you were planning to send me your pick for Top Moment, now is the time to do it. I'll be closing the suggestion box on Friday, May 13, 2011 so I can spend the rest of the time contacting actors, writers and producers, interviewing them, and compiling their answers in time to release the book this September.

I can't wait to hear from you (send me an e-mail via AlinaAdams@gmail.com)!

No comments: