Tuesday, July 06, 2010

WHO SAID THIS TO THE NEW YORK TIMES?

8) Another World, Crystal Gayle and Gary Morris. This is definitely not a train song; it’s the theme song from “Another World.” I used to love soap operas. Through middle and high school I followed all three NBC soaps religiously, which resulted in my getting voted “Most Likely to Write for Soap Operas” my senior year. My brother and I used to sing the theme song from “Another World” together in a beautiful daily tuneless duet. It was the first soap opera theme song to hit the Billboard 100. How’s that for trivia? And not that I’m looking for depth in shallow waters, but I still find the show’s epigram inspiring, even as I write literary fiction instead of soap operas: “We do not live in this world alone, but in a thousand other worlds.”

Find out, here.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Thank you for all the wonderful blog entries this week. Good to see you increasing the content on this site before we lose the last of P & G's televised soaps.