Monday, June 04, 2012

GET A FREE BOOK, LAUNCH A NEW SOAP...

COUNTERPOINT: AN INTERACTIVE FAMILY SAGA IS NOW FREE ON AMAZON!  CLICK THE LINK AND GET YOURS NOW!  THREE DAYS ONLY

***

Last week, I chatted with BuzzWorthy Radio about a number of soapy topics: My book, Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments, the future of soaps in mediums other than television, and my latest project, Counterpoint: An Interactive Family Saga.  (Listen to the whole thing at: http://www.buzzworthyradio.net/podcasts/belladams.mp3)

The idea behind Counterpoint: An Interactive Family Saga is that, like Another World Today and Mindy's Twitter, both of which I developed while working at P&G, Counterpoint: A Family Saga will be reader directed.  At the end of Volume One, there is a link to the Soap Opera 451 Message Board, and the Alina Adams Media Facebook page, where readers can tell me where they want the story to go next.  I will incorporate your suggestions into Volume Two, and then ask for more suggestions.  Which will be incorporated into Volume Three, and so on and so on and so on.

Once the story has gotten started, it has the potential to be filmed and turned into a series.  In other words, it will be a soap opera that you helped write and develop.

And now for some really great news, starting at midnight on Monday, June 4, Counterpoint: An Interactive Family Saga (Volume One) will be absolutely FREE on Amazon until Wednesday, June 6.

I wanted you all to be the first to hear about it, for a variety of reasons.

1) The people who've been so supportive of me, this blog, Another World Today, @Fan_Write_GL, my ATWT and GL tie-in books, my figure skating mysteries and more, definitely deserve first crack at any free stuff I have to offer.  Thanks so much, guys, I couldn't have done it without you.

2) Please download a copy for yourself, and then spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, personal blogs, soap sites, etc... to help as many people as possible get their free copy, as well.  (I not only love you, I love your family and friends)!

3) The more people who download Counterpoint: An Interactive Family Saga during its free days, the higher the book will climb in the Amazon rankings, the better to show the power and sheer number of soap fans.  Always a good thing.

4) And finally, loyal soap fans and readers are exactly the people who I want to help me tell the story of Counterpoint: An Interactive Family Saga.  Not only do I want to hear (and incorporate) your ideas (you're soap fans, I know you've got them!), but I want you to show others how it's done!

Thanks so much for your help and generosity - looking forward to working with you! :) :) :)

No comments: