Monday, September 19, 2011

IT'S HERE!

I announced Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments on the first day of February 2011.

Since then, I've had the best (and busiest) time reading over all your suggestions for which soap opera moments from the past 75 years exemplify daytime at the very, very top of its game.

Not only that, but I then turned around and went to the actors, writers and producers involved with those moments to get behind-the-scenes stories and more.

I added links to the scenes (where available) and to the actors, writers and producers' personal websites so you can contact them directly.

I even put in a message board where you can tell me your thoughts about the scenes we picked, agree, disagree, and suggest more of your own favorites.

The end result, between the multimedia features and the crowd-sourcing of content, is Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments, a first of its kind soap enhanced e-book, now available on Amazon at: http://tinyurl.com/SoapMomentsEBook.

I couldn't have done it without you! This book is by soap fans for soap fans. It talks not about what's wrong with the genre, but about what's right with it.

I hope you'll click the above links, take a look and help spread the word. Let's show the doubters the passion (and the purchasing power) of soap fans!

1 comment:

Derek said...

Thank you Alina. I joined the 21st century today by downloading the Kindle viewer on my Mac Book and then purchasing your e-book from Amazon.com. So happy to see some of my picks from Another World and Texas.

All the best with on-line sales. I will let others know on a few boards.