Monday, September 12, 2011

A WORLD OF FANS

I am in the process of updating my personal website, http://www.AlinaAdams.com in anticipation of the 9/19/11 release of Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments Enhanced E-Book.

Much to my surprise, the designer, who was recommended to me by the book's publicist, was an As The World Turns fan!

Meanwhile, I wrote a guest blog about my enhanced e-book skating mysteries, including Skate Crime, for Murder Must Advertise, and it turns out the site's owner was an ATWT fan, too!

What's doubly interesting is that in both cases the fans are men; professional men - not quite the stereotype of your average soap viewer.

Which just goes to show - listen up, networks - soap fans are a diverse group... and there are a hell of a lot more of us than you think!