Monday, September 19, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #124-1

“I won’t do it,” Matt informed Donna, slamming the file on Jeanne that she’d given him atop Donna’s desk at KBAY. “I won’t blackmail Jeanne back, not with this.”

He braced himself for the explosion sure to come.


It didn’t come.


Instead, Donna merely stood up, wrapped her arms around Matt’s neck and told him, “I love you.”


He pulled back in order to look her in the eye. “Where did that come from?”


“From me. Thank you for reminding me of what an incredible, generous, loving, good man you are. Thank you for reminding me why you’re worth fighting for.”


“But, not like this,” he clarified. “This is… out of bounds. I’ve known women who were raped, okay? Marley, Lorna, Toni Burrell. I remember what they went through in the media before it even got to the courtroom in Lorna and Toni’s cases. I will not put Jeanne or her mother through that. I won’t even threaten to. I’m sorry.”


“I understand,” Donna said. “I do. It was wrong of me to ask you to do it.”


“Why are you being so reasonable?” Matt asked, pleasure wrestling with curiosity and just a touch of suspicion.


***

Donna surprises Matt with her latest proposition, Cory receives an unwelcome lesson in family values from Carl, Frankie and Cass compare notes with Chase and Doug, Allie's lies trigger Amanda's suspicions, and Alice and Jamie race to save Spencer.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/aw_today.html

No comments: