Tuesday, February 08, 2011

REAL VERSUS "REEL" LIFE

Of all the stories we've done on Another World Today since it premiered in May 2009, none have generated as much passionate and heated discussion here, on the Message Board, and on Facebook as the custody battle for Hudson, and all the racial issues and implications surrounding it.

In light of the points brought up by our readers, I found this piece on Halle Berry's custody battle most relevant.

Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry, battling for custody of their daughter Nahla, have both thrown some mud, but after word about Aubry's alleged racism got out, Berry is firing back.

In a new interview with EBONY Magazine, Berry says (via TMZ), "I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory."

That goes against the wishes of Aubry, who, allegedly, doesn't like when people call Nahla black.

More at: TMZ.com

No comments: