Monday, January 03, 2011

SCORPIO SPLIT
by Alina Adams

There are two kinds of people: Those who believe that the love of General Hospital's Robert Scorpio's (Tristan Rogers) life is Holly Sutton (Emma Samms), and those who believe it's Anna Devane (Finola Hughes).

I make no secret of the fact that I fall into the Holly camp (though I love the character of Anna - just not with Robert). Whenever I meet someone who insists it's Anna, I have only one question: "Did you actually see the Robert/Holly story?"

"No," is always the answer.

"Then you don't get a vote," I chirp. (And run for my life. My personal theory is that the Robert/Anna fans are actually Robin fans who started watching the show after Holly "died" and especially during Robin/Stone. And no, seeing Holly and Robert after both returned from the dead in this millennium doesn't count. That was... bad. Very, very bad. And do not even mention the name Ethan to me. That didn't happen, didn't happen, didn't happen, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.)

Okay... Now that I've gotten that off my chest, time to clear the palate with something fun.

Before They Met Robert:

Emma Samms in the mini-series Goliath Awaits... (The blond guy early in the clip later played Holly's evil cousin on GH, who tried to keep Holly from Luke in British Columbia)



And Finola Hughes dancing with John Travolta in Staying Alive...

3 comments:

bl said...

Even if I started watching GH in the 80s I don't know who the love of Robert's life is. I didn't see when Holly died or when Robin was introduced. I'm in the category of Robert loved them both and depending on when you started watching you may favor him with Holly or Anna. If you started watching in the time frame I did (88ish), you would not even know she existed.

If someone said they liked or disliked Holly and Robert based on the island story, I feel sorry for them. I try to not have an opinion if the material is so awful. With Ethan, he should have been Holly and Robert's kid if anything and that's from someone who enjoyed Robert and Anna. Of course, I also enjoyed Anna with Duke, so it would be within the realm that I would also appreciate the original story with Robert and Holly.

COTwizz said...

Believe it or not there are plenty of us R&A fans like myself who have watched R&H and still prefer R&A.
Yes and even more unbelievable is the fact that some of us don't even like Robin and just tolerate the character because she is R&A daughter. So you see your "theory" falls flat on it's face, but then after all it's only really just your opinion isn't it?

♡Kim♡ said...

Roger and Holly, Anna and Duke. That's my take, though not the popular one! Great site!