Monday, January 31, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #91-1

"Lorna still has a very good chance of a full recovery," Alice insisted. "That's not a dream, Lucas, that's a medical fact. Jamie knows it. It's why he's fighting so hard this very minute to make sure Lorna wakes up to everything she ever wanted."

"Her whole life, all she wanted was a family. Her adoptive parents died when she was just a kid, and Fanny and I... we really dropped the ball on that one."


"Though no fault of your own, I hear."


"Yeah. That's what we tell ourselves. But, you know, I've had a lot of time to think these past few years. A lot. Too much, frankly. And you know what I realized? No matter how badly I'd like to believe I was completely blameless... I wasn't. Why the hell did I accept it when Fanny's stepfather and that harridan aunt of hers told me she wanted nothing more to do with me? What kind of a man just takes something like that at face value and walks away, abandoning the woman he loves, abandoning his baby girl when she's just a few hours old?"


"Not a man," Alice reminded. "A boy."


"A punk," he corrected. "A coward. Aw, hell, who knows, maybe a part of me was happy for the excuse to ditch that kind of responsibility?"


***

Lucas struggles to make his peace with the past... and the present, Sharlene employs shock therapy to get through to John, Spencer offers Jamie an alternative for solving his problems, Kirkland agrees to help Jasmine dig up the truth, while Grant is slapped with an agonizing decision by Carl.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_91p1.html

No comments: