Thursday, January 20, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #89-2

"From the day I was born," Donna began. "I have spent every moment of the past fifty years — "

Sharlene raised a disbelieving eyebrow.

Caught, Donna dutifully amended, "Past sixty... or so... years of my life, thinking only of myself, of what was best for me, of how I could come out ahead no matter what the cost."

"You think?"


"I'm trying to change. To put others first. To use what I've learned to help people I care about keep from making the same mistakes I have."


"And you've decided to kick off your Grand Rehabilitation Campaign with me? My God, Donna, you have some nerve. I lost my son to a vicious, unforgiving, non-discriminating disease. You gave your own daughter away, and got her killed trying to cover it up."


"I've paid for what I've done."


"You haven't even come close."


"Fine," Donna said calmly. "You are free to judge me in any manner you like; to call me any names you like. As I said at the start, I'm not here for myself. I'm here for John."


Donna makes a plea to Sharlene and a concession to Jeanne, Amanda brings Rachel up short, GQ attempts to bond with Hudson, Charlie goes snooping, and Lucas is forced to make a decision on the stand.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_89p2.html

***

Just a quick note to say thank you for the great discussions generated by our GQ/Dean post on the SO451 Message Board and AWT Facebook page.

It's so exciting and fulfilling to hear your passionate - and contradictory - opinions.

Keep it up!

No comments: