Friday, January 21, 2011

MINDY'S TWITTER UPDATES

After a week of back and forth e-mails with The Captain of Twitter (seriously, that's what they call their Customer Service Department), we have reached an impasse.

They refuse to un-suspend my account because they allege I was aggressively following and using two screen-names for one purpose.

I tell them I was doing neither of those things. (And I ask them to please send examples of these alleged rule infractions.)

They don't care. (And did not comply.)

So, here is the situation: I have created a new account: http://twitter.com/MindyLewisBauer

But, there is a catch. I began Mindy's Twitter in February of 2009 (check out Mindy's Meme). It took me nearly two years to acquire almost 3000 followers and, I'll be honest with you, I don't know if I have the strength to start all over again from scratch.

With GL off the air, I need to know that there is still an audience out there for this project, before I commit the necessary time and energy to getting it up and running.

If you would like to see Mindy's Twitter Tales of Life in Springfield continue, please sign up to follow the new account and spread the word, urging others to do the same.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you and, as always, you have no idea how much your support means to me!

6 comments:

cksargent said...

So sorry to hear that. With everything else going on in the world, this is what they address their efforts to? CRAZY!!!

I will sign up-- make sure you spread the word on the FB page as well.

:)

sentierionline said...

Damn.... I've lost the tweets from november to January... I'll spread the word to the Italian GL fans via my GL website!!!

Alina Adams said...

Thanks, Sentieri!

I'm depressed, too, all that work for the past two years just *poof* gone.

I do, however, write a weekly update on Friday, so if you go backwards on the SO451 blog, you should be able to find them.

Grazie! (I lived in Rome for three months as a child, you'd think I'd remember more Italian...)

sentierionline said...

I hope you enjoyed your trip in Rome :)
Alina, may you write to me in private to sentieri@sentierionline.net? I have to say to you a thing!!
thank you!!

Ellie4cats said...

That really stinks Alina! You have no idea how hard we worked to get followers for that account when it first started because we thought P&G would see that we were all still interested in it and start the show back up! I will let everyone know where your other account is at @Guiding_Light and http://www.guidinglightcentral.com. We need to do whatever we can to keep GL alive for the fans. I just can't believe we can't do anything to get the original Mindy account back! It is scary how they suspended your account! I can't believe we have no recourse! And what do they mean by aggressively following? What is that? Don't give up, Alina, I think it may be hard for us to find all of your followers! It would be better to retrieve the old account back!

Perhaps you should tweet a few tweets from the new account with @melindasuelewis and #melindasuelewis because I think some people are searching for that. Perhaps you can tweet "Follow this account to see @melindasuelewis tweets!" Also, a few positive tweets to get everyone on board! :) GOOD LUCK and so sorry this happened to you!!!

CJ said...

I have been looking for this for a few weeks. I'm not even on Twitter, but I've still been following the tweets ever since you started. Please don't give up!! It's the only link left to a show I watched for 25 years and miss dearly!!