Tuesday, January 17, 2012

GOT CHANGE?

Mindy's Twitter (https://twitter.com/MindyLewisBauer) originally launched in February 2009 as part of Ms. Lewis' return to Springfield for the Four Musketeers' 25th High School Reunion (http://pgpclassicsoaps.blogspot.com/2009/02/mindys-meme-mindy-comes-home-to-guiding.html).

When Guiding Light went off the air in September of the same year, Mindy continued sharing the lives and loves of her family, friends and neighbors on-line (http://pgpclassicsoaps.blogspot.com/2009/09/shining-light-back-in-days-when-both.html).

A year later, with the cancellation of As the World Turns, P&G got out of the soap business, and I kept up the site on my own - because I knew what it felt like to have a beloved show yanked away, and I didn't want to do that to the people who'd so loyally followed the project.

Now, however, my other writing assignments are taking up too much of my time for me to keep up Mindy's Twitter the way that I'd like, and you all deserve.

But, I am not abandoning it. Instead, I am putting it in the hands of the people who love GL the most.

When I ran Another World Today for P&G, we also had a Bay City-based Twitter role-playing game. Where fans got to continue the story.

I would like to do something similar, here. From the beginning, Mindy's Twitter has been interactive, with fans tweeting their thoughts on what she and her friends should do. I'd like you to continue doing it, and I will retweet the best suggestions, so that everyone can experience it on one timeline.

Just write what you think is happening in SF to @MindyLewisBauer, and see if your update gets picked up for retweeting. (Not everyone will get retweeted all the time, especially if stories contradict each other, etc... But, this is a work in progress, we'll work out the kinks as we go along, together.)

Mindy has recently recapped where all the stories left off in 2011 (i.e. Roger/Holly/Ed, Harley/Cyrus/Mel, a newly married Beth and Phillip, Reva's conflict with Marah over Jeffrey, etc...). Please stick to stories as they've been established, to cut down on confusion, but feel free to introduce your own with characters that haven't been as active.

This will be an original, on-of-a-kind experiment in interactive storytelling. I can't wait to see where we all take it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daring, intriguing, and I'll bet a lot of fans have daydreamed about this -- along with fantasy conversations with GL characters. On with the experiment!