Tuesday, January 03, 2012

ONE LIFE TO SKATE

As One Life to Live winds down its ABC run (la la la la, I can't hear you, it's not happening; AMC is still on the air, too. As is GL. And ATWT. And Santa Barbara), I continue with my efforts to develop a new distribution channel for serialized storytelling via enhanced e-books.

Murder on Ice was a novel I published in 2003 with Berkley Prime Crime as a paperback original. The entire figure skating mystery series is five books long, with recurring characters, on-going plotlines, juicy secrets and shocking revelations. I.e. it's a soap. (Not that I told my editor that while I was writing it, but I always knew what it was. Soapy is the only way I know how to write.)

The book is currently available as Murder on Ice: Enhanced Multimedia Edition, with videos courtsy of The Ice Theatre of New York included with the text as part of the story.

Exactly the way I did Another World Today for P&G, and the way that I would like to see soaps continue in an attempt to cut down costs.

About.com recently reviewed the new edition at: http://figureskating.about.com/od/figureskatingbooks/fr/Review-Of-Murder-On-Ice.htm, writing, in part:

The author... shares her view of the elite figure skating world in an amusing and entertaining way. Readers get an idea of the the rivalries that exist in competitive figure skating, and the story's heroine, Bex Levy, has a delightful sense of humor.

I hope you'll check out the new, enhanced edition of Murder on Ice, as well as subsequent installments of On Thin Ice, Axel of Evil, Death Drop and Skate Crime, and let me know how you think the series works as an enhanced e-book, a murder mystery, and as a soap, too!

No comments: