Wednesday, November 07, 2012

LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX

Specifically, Jewrotica, a new website that's about... well, exactly what you think it's about.

I contributed my first article to them today:

Growing up with parents unfamiliar with American culture came with perks. I was watching soap operas at 10 (the summer Luke raped Laura, no less), and reading trashy-but-amazing potboilers like Master of the Game, Mistral’s Daughter and Hollywood Wives by age 13.  (Not to mention that classic of Jewish-American literature, Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in NYC.)  Every single tome was infinitely educational.  In fact, when my husband and I first started dating and he asked where I had learned a maneuver he particularly enjoyed, I referred him, only half-jokingly, to the collected works of Mr. Sidney Sheldon, one of the great and inspiring novelists of our time.

Naturally, with a wasted youth like that, there was only thing I could grow up to be: A soap and romance writer. 

Read more, including why I think romance novels and soaps provide a valuable public service at: http://jewrotica.org/2012/11/the-birth-of-a-romance-author/

No comments: