Monday, December 26, 2011

SOAPY E-READS!

Thank you to TulsaWorld.com (if you're a Guiding Light fan, you know why just the mention of Tulsa makes me smile) for running Cindy Elavsky's (@Celebrity_Extra) interview with me regarding my work with Another World Today, Mindy's Twitter, and Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments Enhanced E-book.

DD:
Tell me about your enhanced electronic book “Soap Opera 451.”

AA: I reached out to the fans on transmedia – Facebook, Twitter, fan clubs, soap sites – and I asked them to tell me their favorite, most memorable moment from the beginning of soaps until now. I received a wonderful avalanche of responses. Once I compiled those lists, I went to either the actor, writer or producer who was involved in the scene, and I got the story of how the scene came together.

For example, after Linda Dano tells you about what it was like to shoot the intervention scenes on “Another World,” there the scene is – you can click a button on your tablet and watch it. I developed the idea as a fan and as a consumer.

Read the entire piece at: http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=275&articleid=20111225_275_TV35_Whiley353384&rss_lnk=4

Did you find a brand new iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook Color or other tablet under the tree? Want to read a book designed especially for what they can do?

Is there an Amazon or BN.com gift-card burning a hole in your pocket? Then make sure you check out Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments Enhanced E-book at either Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Write a review of it, send me a link to your post at AlinaAdams@gmail.com, and I'll say thank you by mailing you a free copy of either The Man From Oakdale, Jonathan's Story, or Another World 35th Anniversary Scrapbook (offer good in the continental US only; while supplies last).

Finally, if you want a sneak peek at what an enhanced e-book is like, go to: http://www.fictionalcandy.com/2011/12/guest-post-alina-adams-murder-on-ice.html and enter to win a free copy of my mystery novel, Murder on Ice!

Happy Holidays to all!

No comments: