Thursday, December 15, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #136-2

“I beg your pardon,” Rachel sputtered upon accidentally walking in on Lila mid-lip lock with… the Mayor of Bay City?

The pair turned around in unison, shocked, guilty, stunned, embarrassed.


“I’m sorry,” Rachel repeated. “I didn’t mean…” Before the obvious question surfaced. “What are you two doing in here?” she indicated her husband’s study.


“I’m afraid it’s my fault, Mrs. Hutchins,” Chase stepped forward so smoothly, Rachel felt certain that, even if she hadn’t immediately recognized him, she’d have known a polished politician anywhere. “Lila and I were headed…” he made a vague gesture that could have been anyplace, but one that Rachel interpreted as the direction of Lila’s bedroom – exactly as Chase had intended. “When I decided to get… spontaneous. I’m very sorry. I should have known better. Is this your personal office?”


“My husband’s, actually…”


“Then, please, do pass my apologies on to him.”


“Or you could just not mention it altogether,” Lila regained her power of speech to suggest, following up with, “I’m mortified enough as it is.”


“Mr. Hamilton…”


“Call me Chase, please.” He offered Rachel his most dazzling, photo op smile.


She appeared anything but enchanted. “I must admit, I’m rather… surprised by this display.” She left it to him to discern precisely what had triggered her… surprise.


***

Jamie offers Lorna a different perspective on her family while Lucas stays the course with Felicia, Rachel disapproves of Lila's choices, Sarah twigs to Steven and Jen, Kirkland makes a confession to Charlie, Grant mourns what he's lost, and Matt and Dean face off over Donna.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_136p2.html

No comments: