Monday, November 21, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #133-1

“I don’t quite know what to say,” Felicia apologized to Rachel. “Lorna told me about your rift with Jamie. How he, Amanda and Matt…”

“Told me to go to Hell?” her friend wondered bitterly.


“I’m sorry. I – I know how it feels to have your children turn their backs on you.”


“And on Thanksgiving, too,” Rachel remarked. “No one can say my brood doesn’t have a sense of the symbolic.”


“If it helps any, I understand why you felt compelled to act the way you did.”


“Do you? You and Spencer, you two were friends, weren’t you?”


“We were. He even called me before he went to help Kirkland. He thanked me for being his sponsor. He sounded… he sounded resigned to his fate. I know it sounds odd, but, in some ways, he sounded almost happy to have been given this chance to redeem himself, to redeem his past. It’s tragic. For him, for Alice. Having so little time together. But, the life he led up to this point…”


“The life he and Carl both led.” There was only so much whitewashing of the past even Rachel felt committed to doing.


“Lucas, too,” Felicia shrugged. “When I heard about what had happened to Spencer, to Kirkland, my first, unchristian, uncharitable, ungracious thought was: Thank God it wasn’t Lucas or Lorna; Devon or Lori Ann.” Felicia smiled sadly. “So, you see, how can I possibly judge you when, if I were in your shoes, I probably would have done the exact same thing?”


****

Rachel deals with the ramifications of her earlier choice, Jeanne continues to surprise Matt, especially where Donna is concerned, Morgan challenges Cass' cheerful facade, Lila makes up her mind regarding Chase's request, Kirkland and Steven question stances they've previously taken, Amanda and Grant discover way too many points in common, and Lucas finally says his piece to Alice.

Thanksgiving in Bay City begins at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_133p1.html

No comments: