Tuesday, May 08, 2012

IF FANS WROTE THE...

As far as I’m concerned, Rhett Butler comes back to Scarlett O’Hara (the movie makes it even clearer than the book. Did you see how foggy it was; where was he going to go?)

Also, Romeo & Juliet are just napping, The English Patient is a little more prompt, the second Mrs. de Winter is not doomed to spend the rest of her days with a wife-killer. Oh, and Dr. Zhivago manages to stop communism.

Yes. I’m that reader. The one who, when she doesn’t like how a story ends, rewrites it in her head.

But, I suspect I’m not the only one.

In addition to publishing Regency and contemporary romance novels with AVON and Dell, as well as figure skating mysteries with Berkley Prime Crime, I also spent over a decade working for soap operas, first at ABC Daytime, and then at Procter & Gamble Productions’ As the World Turns and Guiding Light, where I wrote the tie-in novels Oakdale Confidential, The Man From Oakdale, and co-wrote Jonathan’s Story with Julia London.

And if there is one thing I learned from working for a serial drama, it’s that all fans have an idea of how they want to see their story go (and it is their story). And that they get very frustrated when they believe their voices aren’t being heard.

Read more at: http://lasrguest.blogspot.com/2012/05/guest-blog-alina-adams.html

No comments: