Monday, March 21, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #98-1

Lila shrugged. "Men. Right?"

"I wouldn't know," Chase countered.


"Oh, please." She made a circle with her thumb and forefinger, and flicked it dismissively on his shoulder. "Are you trying to tell me you're so irresistible that no son-of-a-bitch has ever broken your heart?"


"That's what I'm telling you, alright."


"I call bull."


"Doug and I have been together for going on twenty years now."


"And before that?"


He shook his head. "There was no before that."


It took her a minute to comprehend what he was telling her. "You mean, Doug is the only..."

"Yup." If Chase was embarrassed by his admission, he certainly didn't show it.

Lila couldn't fight the feeling she was being put on. Yet, he seemed so sincere. And quite frankly, what would be the point of lying to her about something like this? "That... It doesn't sound like... you."


"You mean because I'm abrasive and obnoxious?"


"On a good day."


He smirked. "All the more reason to stick with the one person who could stand me."

"Seriously?"

"Uh-ha."


"Doug's the only person you've ever been with?"


"And yet I'm allowed to mingle with regular people on a daily basis. Go figure."
"

No! I didn't mean... Sorry... It's very sweet. Romantic. And...."


"Rare?"


"In this day and age? Kind of, yeah."


"Take it as a character reference. Unlike Misters Harrison and Fowler, I know what it means to be loyal. As an employer, and as a friend."


***

Lila sees a different side of Chase, Jasmine shames Rachel into action, a discussion about baby names prompts Lorna and Jamie into separate confessions, Marley confronts Grant over Carl's warning, Donna lays out her latest plan for Matt, and Kevin goes for broke in Hudson's custody case.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_98p1.html

No comments: