Monday, March 07, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #96-1

Marley said, "I'm sorry, Grant. I guess I'm not as brave as you. I'm no good at opening myself up like that. You know what I've been through. Jake and Dennis and Jamie...."

"I'm not Jake. Or Dennis. Or Jamie," Grant put particular emphasis on that final one. "I will look out for you in a way they never did. I have looked out for you. And, as long as we're on the subject, don't you think I've been hurt in the past, too? You think Paulina and Vicky didn't do a number on my heart? Or my faith in love? Hell, Amanda, Lorna, Sharlene, even Cindy each managed to leave their marks, for better or for worse."

"I know what they did to you," Marley reached for Grant sympathetically.

He seized her palm in both of his, bringing it gently to his mouth, kissing it, then rubbing the back against his cheek. "I'm not that man anymore.

"I know. Except in the one way that scares me the most." She disentangled herself awkwardly, telling Grant, "You need people too much. I could move in here today, marry you tomorrow, and still you'd wonder, you'd worry, you'd still seek constant reassurance that I really do love you."

***

Marley makes an accusation Grant can't deny, Frankie and Cass zero in on a hit-and-run suspect, Alice makes a persuasive confession to Lucas, GQ and Allie stun the court, Lorna misunderstands Morgan, and Donna promises to give Matt and Jeanne exactly what they deserve.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_96p1.html

No comments: