Thursday, September 20, 2012

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #176-2

Iris pressed a hand to her chest, as if she, in fact, were the key victim in this particular drama. “Oh, you poor thing. You may not believe me right now, but I do understand what you’re going through. Your grandfather, you biological grandfather on your father’s side, his name was Alex Wheeler. He and I – “

“He dumped you,” Sarah said, not unkindly. She was hardly one to sit in judgment these days, was she? “You were in love with him, but he dumped you before he knew you were pregnant. So you tricked Elliot Carrington into marriage, and then you dumped Dad on him before taking off for Europe. I know. Dad’s mentioned it. Several times.”

“I did the best I could under the circumstances. And Elliot was a marvelous father to Dennis, he was much better off with him as a little boy than with me. Of course, Alex would have been a wonderful father, too, if only I’d told him.”

“You mean, if he’d stuck around. Dad may have adopted Alex’s name twenty years ago, but he still wasn’t thrilled about how everything played out. Not with Alex, not with you, not with Elliot.”

“Matters would have been easier,” Iris conceded. “If Alex and I had raised Dennis together. Bringing up a child single-handedly is excruciatingly difficult. That’s why I was so upset when I heard that you were left all on your own today.”

“I wasn’t on my own,” Sarah reminded. “Marley was with me.”

“And that’s another thing. If I were there, I should have never allowed that scheming viper to swoop in and whisk you away, keeping you from your true family the way she did!”


****

Iris offers unsolicited advice to Sarah, while Lila has an answer - and a question - for Rachel.  Felicia and Jamie wonder how much to tell his mother about Cass and Frankie's discoveries, Kevin has a reality check for Donna and Matt, Zeno offers Allie his take on GQ, while the later gets a lesson from Horace.

Get your AWT fix for the weekend at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2012/2012_176p2.html

No comments: