Wednesday, September 05, 2012

AMERICA'S GREATEST HOLIDAY: LAZY MOM'S DAY

Hear ye, hear ye, let the glorious news be spread: Friday, September 7, 2012 is National Lazy Mom's Day!  (Yes, it is too a thing.)

Now, I have already outed myself as the ultimate Lazy Mom, by proclaiming my parenting style to be Occam’s Mother:

Occam’s Razor is a scientific heuristic that, simply put, states the easiest solution to a problem is, more often than not, the right one.

I am Occam’s Mother. I believe that the easiest thing for me to do, vis-à-vis my kids, is, more often than not, the right thing....


Read my entire Declaration of Parental Independence at: http://www.kveller.com/blog/parenting/whats-easiest-for-mama-is-best-for-kids/

But, that's not all!

In honor of this most glorious of all holidays, I have come up with a list of 10 Ways to Celebrate Lazy Mom's Day.

Tips include:
Sleep With a Professional
Get a Fast Car
& Can't Somebody Else Do it?

Details at: http://www.redtri.com/new-york-kids/lazy-mom-day

As the two, boring, old, staid, out of touch with how regular people really live political parties battle it out for the chance to do whatever they want to us for the next four years, I say we ignore them and form our own movement.  Lazy Moms of America Unite!  (That is, you know, if it doesn't take too much effort...)

No comments: