Thursday, September 13, 2012

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #175-2

Rachel leaned back from embracing Russ. Only to spot Iris, who’d seemingly materialized right behind his shoulder in that instant.

“Russ! Darling!” Iris threw out her arms for a kiss and hug of her own. “It’s been much, much too long.”

“Iris,” Russ said, noncommittal, discovering late in life that standing pinned between his ex-wife and ex-fiancé was not the most comfortable of locations.

“I am ever so sorry we didn’t get a chance to chat, earlier.”

“Well,” Russ glanced over at Rachel. “Under the circumstances…”

“How have you been?”

“I’ve been…” Russ all but shook himself loose from her hold while attempting to keep smiling politely. “Fine. I’ve been fine.” Inspiration struck then, and he said, “I’m surprised to see you here, Iris.”

“Where else would I be? This is my family domicile.”

“No, I don’t mean – I mean right now. I thought you’d be with Sarah.”

Iris demurred. “I’m afraid our mutual granddaughter hasn’t exactly welcomed me home with open arms. Despite my best effort to reach out, she’s remained rather inhospitable.”

“Well, I’m sure she’s had a lot on her mind lately. Sarah’s in the hospital.”

“The hospital? Whatever for?”

Russ hesitated for just a moment before admitting, “She’s pregnant.”


****

Russ drops a bombshell on Iris, while Rachel does the same to Amanda and Lila.  Sarah finds herself trapped between Grant and Marley, Frankie and Cass fail to agree on Charlie, and Matt begs Donna to reconsider.

Should Lila do as Rachel asks?  You decide at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2012/2012_175p2.html

No comments: