Friday, July 22, 2011

AROUND THE LANE

When I contacted Lane Davies (Mason, SB; Replacement Ridge, B&B; Cameron, GH) about contributing his top Santa Barbara scene to Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments, he replied, "I am sadly under-qualified to make a judgment like that. I'd put some of the early Santa Barbara episodes against the best of them, though. The Dobsons were really cooking, and we had one of the best casts in daytime, if I do say so myself."

He did ultimately pick one, which you can read about (and watch) when Soap Opera 451 is released this September 2011 as an enhanced e-book exclusively on Amazon.

But, in the meantime, I turn the floor over to Santa Barbara fans: What do you think was Lane's best moment as Mason, worthy of being included in a time capsule celebrating the best of daytime?

Please let us know in the Comments below, or e-mail me at AlinaAdams@gmail.com.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

impossible to pick one..Lane Davies is one of the best actors on tv and when he was on screen, you couldn't look at anyone else.

Undine said...

I agree fully with the above comment. If I had to choose, though, I'd pick one of the scenes dealing with Mary's death and the aftermath. His acting during that period made it the most tragic and harrowing storyline I've ever seen. He was just amazing.