Monday, July 04, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #113-1

John's face darkened. "I think about my son every minute of every day. I don't need a special occasion to have my memory jogged."

"I didn't think you did," Donna softened her tone. "But, if there is any way I can make today any less painful for you..."

"No," John shook his head. "I meant what I said at Gregory's funeral. I don't want it to become less painful. Less painful means I'm starting to forget."

"Less painful," Donna spoke from personal experience. "Means you can look back on the good times with your lost child and actually enjoy the memory for its own sake. It's what Gregory would have wanted, you know that."


"What would Vicky have wanted?" John challenged. "For you? You're such an expert on the subject. Tell me. Would Vicky have wanted you to be living the life you're living now?"


"I... I don't understand what you're implying."


"Then let me spell it out for you: I told you how I feel, Donna. I offered you a chance at happiness. With me. No, I'm not Michael. I don't love you the way he did. And, believe it or not, that's a good thing. I love you in my own way. I'm not trying to change you back into the teen-age girl I fell in love with. I'm not forcing you to jump through hoops to become the woman I'd prefer you to be. Because I know the woman you really are better than anyone. Even you've admitted that much. I love the real Donna. The one you're still struggling to make peace with. Don't you think that Vicky would've wanted that for you? Love — an honest love, with no faking it, after all these years, finally — instead of rattling around alone inside your mansion, your only living daughter rejecting you, your grandchildren wanting nothing to do with you?"


***

John offers Donna an alternate version of the future while, at Rachel's annual 4th of July bash, Jeanne does the same for a stunned Matt. Also at the party, Kevin and Amanda make their first official appearance as newlyweds forcing Jen, Allie and GQ to sort out what that means for them, Steven wonders what's bothering Kirkland, Lorna makes a final overture to Felicia, as does Lila to Cass and Frankie, and Elizabeth does her best to avoid a repeat of last year.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_113p1.html

A happy and safe 4th of July to all!

No comments: