Thursday, December 17, 2015

WHAT SOAP OPERA FANS REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS


Last Christmas-time, I asked soap fans for their favorite Christmas memories, and received responses ranging from All My Children’s Father Clarence visits to Days of Our Lives’ ritual hanging of the named ornaments to Guiding Light’s Phillip and Beth meeting St. Nick to the final episode of Texas and Ashley’s miraculous return home. (Read the entire list, as well as the fans’ reasons for their selections, here).

This year, once again, just as I did for my book, Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama’s Greatest Moments, I returned to the internet and social media to crowd-source fan opinions on what gift (or lump of coal) they’d give various soap-opera characters, past and future.

See the results at Entertainment Weekly: http://community.ew.com/2015/12/15/soap-fans-want-for-christmas/

No comments: