Wednesday, August 28, 2013

SOAP FANS IN STRANGE PLACES!

When I was asked to contribute a short story to The Mammoth Book of ER Romance, I knew my thirty-plus years (I was one of those precocious kids who started in middle school) of watching soaps would come in handy.

Turns out I wasn't the only one!

Patti Shenberger also has a heart-wrenching tale in the collection.  And look who inspired her!

I’m hooked on Days and Dr Daniel Jonas was my inspiration for Ethan Gregory in Paging Dr Responsible, Mammoth Book of ER Romance.  I used to watch Young and the Restless, but got to the point where it was too time consuming to remember who was doing what on each soap (G). Today I sat down and watched Aug 6th – Aug 26th to catch up on everything I had missed – thank heavens for DVR’s.

Ok, that being said,  Ethan Gregory is a lot less naïve than Daniel Jonas,

He doesn’t wear that same necklace in every scene, definitely does not get sucked into every lie told to him, and has yet to throw everything off the desk and ravish another hospital employee (saw that one on of the taped episodes today).  But you never know, it could happen (G). Hm, that gives me an idea for another book.

If you want to read a good book, I suggest The Mammoth Book of ER Romance. Yup, I’m biased as I share the stage with a ton of great authors under that cover.  Each and every one has a great story to tell.

So, if you’re a soap fan like me, give me a holler.  I’d love to hear from you


Read Patti's entire post at Everybody Needs a Little Romance blog, here as well as check out the soaps favored by other romance readers in the comments.

And for more on The Mammoth Book of ER Romance, click the link below!


No comments: