Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SINGING DESSERTS!

I love soap operas, and I was lucky enough to have worked for ABC Daytime, the Daytime Emmy Awards, and P&G Productions on As the World Turns, Guiding Light and Another World.

I love figure skating, and got to work as a writer, producer and researcher for Nationals and Worlds on ABC Sports and ESPN, the 1998 Olympics for TNT, and NBC for StarSkates.

I love musical theater and... I am never going to get a chance to work in it.  Because I am, how to put this... not any good at it.  So while I own the cast albums to practically every show Stephen Sondheim ever wrote, not to mention a good collection of Rodgers & Hammerstein, Lerner & Lowe, et. al.... I harbor no expectations of ever joining them.

The closet I've gotten to working in musical theater is producing the enhanced e-book for Dan Elish's "The Worldwide Dessert Contest: Enhanced Multimedia Edition."  It's a middle-grade fantasy novel with its own original musical score right there in the book.  Just click a button and listen to songs about Apple Ketchup, Rollerskating Apple Pies, and more!

Want a preview?  Then check out this interview Dan did earlier this week (with music!) thanks to Jim Farley and his MusicalWorld Podcast, here!


No comments: