Thursday, July 14, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #114-2

Jamie reminded, "I know what it's like to live with something eating away at you and I can see...I can see that's what's happening with you now. I don't want you to live like that. I won't stand by and allow you to live like that."

Kirkland shook his head, working to keep from giving in. "There's nothing you can do."


"I can listen. Give it a shot, son. Bottling whatever it is up hasn't helped you so far. And you know you can tell me anything. Anything. No matter what."


"Charlie and I..." Kirkland began after a silence so protracted Jamie had begun second-guessing his entire approach. "We were hanging out in my room the other day, when you were still at the hospital with Lorna. We weren't doing anything... Mostly because, I — I didn't want to."


"Didn't want to what?" Jamie asked, not because he couldn't guess, but needing to make sure he and Kirkland were on the same page.


"You know... fool around. Charlie wanted to and I didn't and... it... got... weird."


"Weird?"


"She got weird. Charlie. She was mad that I didn't want to. I told her I'd just seen Grant and made him sign the adoption papers that morning, you know? My head was in a million different places. But, Charlie, she didn't believe me."


Jamie tried to keep his face neutral despite the uneasy feeling growing in the pit of his stomach. "Kirkland, what happened?"

"She got mad. She started yelling, she shoved me, she said I'd led her on just to mess with her, but I didn't!" Kirkland paused to take an unsteady breath. "Then she called me a fag. What... what do you think of that?" He asked, suddenly casual, while desperation beamed from his eyes.


***

Jamie pushes his own demons aside to try and get through to Kirkland, while Lila attempts to set Charlie straight on the same subject, Amanda and Kevin hit an impasse on a familiar issue, Lorna warns Morgan against falling back on old habits, and Donna gives Matt her answer regarding Jeanne's threats.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_114p2.html

No comments: