Monday, April 18, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #102-1

"Marley was driving the car that hit you and Morgan," Donna informed Lorna bluntly, unable and uninterested in dancing around or easing into the truth.

Lorna allowed one lip to twitch cynically. "And I should believe anything you say regarding anything because...."

"Why would I lie about something like this?" Donna demanded.

"Why do you do anything? To protect yourself and screw over someone else. Not always necessarily in that order."

"I am trying to protect my daughter."

"Same way you protected Jenna?" Lorna's eyes blazed, the initial fury she'd managed to swallow in response to Donna's opening statement flaring now unchecked.


"I don't care to discuss that with you," Donna's voice faltered.


"Really? Because that's about the only thing I have any interest in discussing with you, ever."

"Marley needs help. I don't know if you heard. She — she tried to commit suicide."

Lorna's eyes narrowed. "Kirkland said it was an accident."


"That's what she claims. It's what Grant would like to believe. I know better. The day before her accident, I told Marley I knew that she was your hit-and-run driver."


"And how would you know that? The cops have been working on the case for months. They said there was no forensic evidence, thanks to Lila's sterling clean-up job."


"I know she was the one," Donna said simply. "Let's just leave it at that."


***
Donna lays out her version of justice to Lorna, Felicia finds a sympathetic ear in Carl, Grant finally gets something right with Kirkland, Morgan and Amanda find vaguely twisted common ground, Sarah gets an inkling about Steven's new interest, and Jen gives GQ her answer to his proposition.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_102p1.html

No comments: