Thursday, October 23, 2008

BRING YOUR DAUGHTERS TO WORK DAY!

Springfield's newest generation returns next week in the form of Maureen Reardon (played by actor Frank Dicopoulos' daughter, Olivia) and Clarissa Marler (Naelee Rae).



Clarissa is the daughter of Blake and Ross, the granddaughter of Holly and Roger, the cousin of Phillip, Samantha and RJ and the second generation Thorpe to be born in Springfield. (Mom Blake, then known as Christina Bauer because she was believed to be the daughter of Ed Bauer, was born on-screen July of 1975.)



Maureen is the daughter of Vanessa and Matt, granddaughter of Henry and Bea, great-niece and namesake of the late Maureen Reardon Bauer and (on both sides) of Quint and Nola, as Quint is her mother's brother and Nola is her father's aunt, and niece of Dinah, Bill and Bridget.

That's a lot of Guiding Light history contained in a pair of little girls!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The woman in that picture is not Bea Reardon. And was Matt Bea's son? I thought Matt and Bridget were siblings and cousins to Nola, Maureen and the rest. Either that or they were Nola and Maureen's nephew and niece, which would make Bea Matt's grandmother and and Maureen's great-grandmother.

Alina Adams said...

You are 100 percent right, Jennifer, that is most definitely not Bea. She is the anti-Bea, she is Helena, who stood for everything Bea is not and vice versa. I'm sorry if I suggested that it was Bea, I can see how that would be confusing the way it's written, but it was the only picture of Henry I had available and I did so want to post a picture of him. You are also correct in that I skipped a "great" in there. Matt is the son of Bea's son, Sean, which makes Maureen Bea's grandchild. I guess I just screwed up my Beas all around. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Kevin said...

It's nice to see "The Reardon's" beginning to make a come back. They were my favorite family back in the 80's. It would be cool if Tony and Annabelle Reardon's child showed up in Springfield some day!

Kevin said...

One more comment for PGP, any chance that early episodes of Guiding Light (1981-1984) could show up on the AOL site? Here's hoping!

Unknown said...

LOL well thank you for clearing up how Bea was related to Matt! I was watching an old clip the other day from Hilary's funeral with Henry, Bea, and Bert. Oh how I miss those days! Thanks for posting all those great pics!

Mo and The Purries said...

Certainly makes me miss characters like Tony and Bridget, and Nola and Maureen. And Roger and Holly. And the great Mindy Lewis! (Not to mention Phillip!)

Esther said...

Frank's daughter is able to play a role on the show already?! Man, I feel old.