Thursday, September 06, 2007

SING OUT, LEWIS (GIRLS)!

Tony nominee Laura Bell Bundy stars as bubbly and brainy Elle Woods in the Broadway production of Legally Blonde: The Musical. Laura, who’s just released her first country album, "Longing for A Place Already Gone," also originated the role of Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray on Broadway — the part American Dreams alum Brittany Snow is playing in the movie version of the stage show. And Brittany and Laura used to work together on the soap opera Guiding Light. Laura recalls how Brittany wanted do justice to the part Laura first brought to Broadway. “We went to dinner, and she was saying, ‘I want you to like the movie and like what I did,’” Laura shared after performing selections from her CD at Birdland jazz club in New York City. Laura, who grew close to Brittany during their soap stints, says of her friend’s onscreen performance, “It was like my little sister playing the part I had originated, and it was way better than if it had been some random person I didn’t know. I felt a sense of pride.”

Complete story, here.

Laura Bell Bundy played Marah from 1999-2001, while Brittany Snow was Susan (now Daisy) from 1998-2001.

1 comment:

law dictionary said...

Hi there, I could not find a place to email you this, so I hope it's okay that I post it here!!

My name is Christine Fix and am putting together a huge promotion for Soaps.com, that I think would be of interest to your readers.

We are running a contest in order to promote the first annual “Soap Cruise 2007”. One lucky grand prize winner and a friend will win a four day Western Caribbean cruise, where they will get to mingle with 10 celebrity soap actors and get to interview the star of their choice. The runners up will receive gift bags with merchandise from all willing promotional partners. I have an outline with full details to send you, if you will email me!

Partners will also receive branding on the contest page, which will be linked to from every partner involved, and will also receive opt-in information. I think 'PG Classic Soaps' would be the perfect partner for this promotion!

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience and let me know what you think, as we are looking to launch this on Sept. 17th. I look forward to hearing from you.

You can contact me through the site at this link - http://www.soaps.com/contact/ Just make it ATTN: Chrissi, and I will have my staff alerted to forward it to me. :)

Thanks in advance,
Christine Fix


--
Christine Fix
Editor-in-Chief
http://www.Soaps.com