Tuesday, December 04, 2012

THE ROLE OF JORDI VILASUSO WILL BE PLAYED BY....

.... Me?

This past Friday, November 30, Jordi Vilasuso, an Emmy winner for his role as Tony Santos on Guiding Light, who also appeared on All My Children, was scheduled to chat with Dan J. Kroll of Soap Central Live Radio about Paos Revolution, a company Jordi co-founded to help breathe new life into soaps in the 21st century.

Unfortunately, shortly before airtime, a medical emergency with Jordi's wife (he reports that she required some minor surgery, but is doing well now) necessitated his pulling out of the show.

That left Soap Central Live with no second guest to follow another GL alum, Karla Mosley (Christina).

Luckily, earlier that day, news had just broken about General Hospital publishing a novel to tie in with their 50th Anniversary in the Spring.

Knowing a bit of something about the soap-opera tie-in business - my books, Oakdale Confidential and Jonathan's Story both hit The New York Times best-seller list, while The Man From Oakdale won a SCRIBE Award - I volunteered my expertise on the subject.

During the program, Dan and I talked about GH, ATWT and GL, as well as tie-in projects for DOOL and Passions, and AnotherWorldToday.com.

To listen to why Dusty's death was inconvenient... for me... and other behind the scenes gossip, go to:



And tell me what you think!

No comments: