Wednesday, November 15, 2006


YOU GOT TO HAVE FRIENDS...

But not, apparently, in daytime.

I'm talking about a decades-long, I-know-you-better-than-you-know-yourself, Wind Beneath My Wings type friendship.

You know, like GL's Phillip and Rick, GH's Jason and Sonny, DOOL's Abe and Roman, AMC's Tad and Jesse (heck, the latter guy is dead, and he still drops by to chat).

Except notice something about my list?

In this "woman's medium," all of the above bosom buddies are... men.

Now, daytime is ripe with decades-long, I-know-you-better-than-you-know-yourself women's rivalries.

OLTL's Viki and Dorian, Y&R's Jill and Katherine, AMC's Erica and Brooke, B&B's Stephanie and Brooke.

Where are the friendships?

Yes, yes, I know, Sharon and Dru are currently bonding up a storm on Y&R. Call me when it lasts for more than 10 minutes.

GL's Cassie, Harley and Blake had lunch once or twice. A couple of years ago.

GH's Brenda and Lois were friends. Where's either of them now?

AMC's Bianca and Babe had a good thing going. Except for the baby-stealing issue.

Heck, the closest thing to a female-based friendship on daytime the past few years has been ATWT's Katie and Emily. But they weren't friends with each other. They simply took turns leaching onto Henry. A man. (Who does, however, put on women's clothing quite a bit...)

So I ask the question, what's up with that?

Why can't (the women of daytime) be friends?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Erica Kane and Opal are two women whom have remained friends forever.