Thursday, June 30, 2011

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #112-2

Lorna confessed to Jamie, "Here I was, panicking over being mom to a girl over stuff like books and toys and dolls and clothes, when the real problem is... look at the havoc I wreak around Felicia on a regular basis. If I can't make things work with my own mother, how am I supposed to do it with Devon? I don't want her to hate me."

"She won't."


"Oh, yeah? Damn it, Jamie, you look at me like I'm the most spectacular woman in the world. And I can't tell you what it does to me. You see me the way no other person has ever seen me. Problem is, out there in the real world, I don't play well with others. On a good day, people tolerate me. And I used to not care about it one way or the other, but now..." Lorna looked down at Devon with near dread. "How do I not screw this up? Screw her up? How do I make it so she doesn't run away from home when she's thirteen years old because anywhere has to be better than with me?"


"Ask yourself what would Donna Love do and then do the opposite?"


"Not funny."


"You are not going to screw this up. Which doesn't mean you and Devon won't fight, and it certainly doesn't mean you'll never make any mistakes. I'm going to let you in on the best-kept secret in parenting — and I know this from experience, both as a parent and as a child and, frankly, as a grandchild, too, considering my mother's relationships with Devon Ada's namesake, here. Deep down, your kid can never, ever hate you. No matter how many times they say they do."


***

Lorna stresses her mother/daughter relationship with Devon - and Felicia, Carl pushes his children to the limit - and is surprised when one chooses to push back, Grant thinks of something Sarah can do for him and Marley, Amanda offers her mother a chance to finally prove her support, and Charlie puts Cass' advice into action - with shocking results.

All at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/2011/2011_112p2.html

No comments: