Thursday, July 03, 2008

WHERE ARE THEY NOW: JANE KRAKOWSKI (TR; SEARCH FOR TOMORROW)

The aspiring actress landed her first television role at 14, playing Rebecca “T.R.” Kendall on the soap opera Search for Tomorrow. Six years later, she was nominated for her first Tony, for her turn as Flaemmchen in Grand Hotel. She then bounced back and forth between stage and screen, appearing in films like National Lampoon’s Vacation, Fatal Attraction and Dance With Me (and later, making Jude Law swoon in Alfie), all the while filming small television roles and appearing on Broadway.

“I’ve never wanted to do just one thing,” she explains. “I’m so lucky to be able to work in all three areas, because that means I probably have a better chance of consistently booking jobs.” She laughs. “I know the handshake between theater and TV. The only reason I got to be in Guys and Dolls in the West End is because they broadcast Ally McBeal in London and people recognized me there. It’s the nature of the business.”


Read the entire interview here, then watch teen Jane make her daytime debut here.

No comments: