Monday, July 07, 2008

WHERE ARE THEY NOW: ED DESIATO

Ed Desiato will be the first person to tell you he's no John Barrymore.

”I'm not an idiot,“ Desiato says in a ­gravelly voice deepened by cigarettes and with a lingering New York accent. ”There was only one John Barrymore....

He (played) a role on the long-running soap opera The Edge of Night, a gig that lasted until he punched somebody backstage.

”The next day I was written out of the script,“ he recalls, noting that his character was killed in a car accident.

”I've since calmed down, and I don't hit people,“ ­Desiato says with a hearty laugh that fills the dining room at Natasha's. ”I may berate them verbally, but I don't hit them.“

Read the whole story, here.

And for the long-term EON fans... any idea what part he played? We don't have him listed as a contract player.

No comments: