Thursday, June 17, 2010

ANOTHER WORLD TODAY EPISODE #58-2

Kevin pulled up a chair. "Allie thought I might be able to help you with some legal matters. I'll tell you right up front, this isn't precisely my area. But I can talk you through a few of the options you have."

"You mean like a DNR?" Gregory asked, explaining to Allie. "It means a Do Not Resuscitate order. If my heart stops beating or I stop breathing, a DNR keeps the doctors from shocking me with their paddles or stuffing a tube down my throat."

Allie nodded mutely, unsure of how to react.

"A DNR, yes," Kevin agreed. "But there is also alternative wording. It's relatively new, so it's open to interpretation. It's called Allow Natural Death."

Gregory chewed on the phrasing. "I like it," he said finally.

"How can you like it?" Allie blurted out, unable to restrain herself any longer. "You're talking about dying without even putting up a fight!"

***

Rachel offers Carl an ultimatum, prompting him to turn to a surprise source for help; Cass says good-bye to Frankie, Matt tracks down Donna, Sharlene and John refuse Gregory's request - should Allie do the same?

Find out at: http://www.anotherworldtoday.com/aw_today.html

Got an opinion? Share it on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Another-World/307355595460?ref=search&sid=13800416.3728872026..1

No comments: