Thursday, February 28, 2008

WHERE ARE THEY NOW: ALICIA COPPOLA (LORNA #1; ANOTHER WORLD)

BN: Do you still get fans who come up to you from your stint on Another World?

AC: Oh sure. It's funny because that was...17 years ago. Wow, I'm that old ... that's crazy (laughing). People still come up to me and say, "Lorna, Lorna, Lorna" and don't know that I've done anything else. It's very funny.

BN: Is the daytime TV schedule as much of a grind as people say?
AC: Daytime is tough. Daytime is hard. I still believe to this day that daytime is a brilliant training ground and I learned so much in my time there that I think every actor should be made to do it. It is a grind because it is 50 weeks out of the year, it's every day, Monday through Friday, and it's shooting an episode a day. I was learning sometimes 30 pages of dialogue a night.

BN: I have to ask you, where do you keep your Soap Opera Digest Award? AC: It's in my office/guest room/play room/junk room. It's on a beautiful mantle, right next to my husband's "longest drive" trophy. It's in good company.

More at BostonNow.com.

No comments: