Monday, March 31, 2014

DON'T BAN BOSSY - CELEBRATE IT (SOAP STYLE)!

I know, I know... Sheyl Samberg wants us to ban bossy because she thinks it keeps little girls from striving
to be leaders.

I'm sorry, Sheryl Sandberg, but those of us who grew up watching soaps know that bossy women rule (Y&R's Eric Braeden knows it, too; that's why he's always complaining about how women on daytime are so much stronger than the men - boo-hoo, Eric Braeden).

Last week, I wrote a piece for BlogHer about TV's Top 10 Female Bosses. You can read it, here.

If it were up to me, I'd have filled the entire list with women from prime-time soaps, everyone from Alexis on Dynasty to Angela on Falcon Crest to Abby on Knots Landing to Amanda on Melrose Place.

And then I would have moved on to daytime: Lucinda on ATWT, Brooke on AMC, Anna on GH, Alexandra on GL, Ashley on Y&R, Stephanie on B&B, Dorian on OLTL (and Viki, too), heck, even Maeve on Ryan's Hope ran a bar!

The list is nearly endless.

So let's show the world who's boss.

Who are your favorite TV bosses from Daytime and Nighttime soaps? Tell us in the comments below, and then drop by BlogHer and tell them Daytime Still Matters!

Don't be afraid to get bossy about it, either. ;)

No comments: