Monday, March 30, 2015

HOW TO WRITE A BOOK WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING

A summary of last week's live writing at: www.AlinaAdams.com/live

3/23/15
I have four scenes outlined in my mind that I intend to write today. Let’s see if any of them end up being anything near like what I planned, or if the characters will just laugh and do whatever they like. As usual. (Meanwhile, in the middle of writing this, my computer ran out of power and turned itself off. Even it is against me.)

3/25/15
Yesterday, I said that I had four scenes outlined that I intended to write. I managed one. Working on the next scene today. Want to put down bets on how far I get? (Hey, not bad, two more!)

3/26/15
My favorite writing tip to keep a story moving: Start with a line that gets right to the point of the scene, and assume your readers are smart enough to keep up. (Thanks, smart readers!)

3/27/15
Stopped in the middle of a scene. I know how I want it to end, but have written three versions of getting there, and none of them work. Deleted the whole lot and will try again Monday. See you then!

Today is Monday. Still have no idea what I'm going to write. Though why should that stop me?

No comments: