Wednesday, September 04, 2013

AND THEN WHAT HAPPENS?

The lovely Anna Bowling over at Typing With Wet Nails interviewed me about my short story in The Mammoth Book of ER Romance, as well as my other romance, mystery and skating titles.  And, as regular readers of Soap Opera 451 well know, it all comes back to my love of daytime drama....

Typing With Wet Nails: Over the course of your career, you’ve written historicals, contemporaries, mysteries, a coffee-table book, a biography, soap opera tie-in novels, as well as online soap opera continuations…so far. What would you say defines an Alina Adams book?

Alina Adams: I’m a plot and character girl. I respect authors who have beautiful prose and lyrical descriptions full of inner retrospection that prompt readers to reconsider long-held and cherished beliefs. But, personally, I write fast-moving stories with colorful (and hopefully) witty characters. My favorite romantic comedy of all time is His Girl Friday, where the dialogue and story points fly fast and furious… and nothing particularly (or, at least, traditionally) romantic actually happens.

I grew up watching soaps (and wrote three tie-in novels for “As the World Turns” and “Guiding Light,” as well as the multimedia continuation of “Another World”, so to me the most important question to answer (and one I hope the reader is constantly asking) is: And then what happens? 


Read the entire interview at: http://annacbowling.blogspot.com/2013/09/ten-questions-with-alina-adams.html


No comments: