Thursday, October 11, 2012

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN?

Today is Eileen Davidson's first day back as Kristen on Days of Our Lives.  Read what she had to say earlier about revisiting ALL of her old DOOL characters!

Originally posted 5/1/12

With news breaking yesterday of Eileen Davidson's firing from The Young & the Restless (where she has played Ashley Abbott on and off since the early 1980s), came instant speculation that the actress might be recreating her Days of Our Lives role as either Kristen Blake or Susan Banks (or, hey, why not Sister Mary Moira and/or Thomas while we're at it? RIP: Penelope).  Especially since EJ's paternity is currently up for... reassessment?

When I spoke to Eileen about her multiple roles for Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments, this is what she had to say about the possibility of a return to Salem:

I would do something like this again, but I would want to know a beginning and an end date.  Even when I left DAYS, I knew that the shelf-life of those characters was running out.  It wasn’t something that could go on forever because it would lose its punch.  I felt like I got out at the right time.  But it’s certainly something I would love to do again.  Even a few years ago, when I was going to be leaving Y&R, I thought: Wouldn’t it be a fun thing to do for six months or a year

Read Eileen's recollections about how the multiple roles came about, here.

And for more from Eileen, as well as dozens of other actors, writers, producers, and directors sharing the behind-the-scenes scoop about those moments viewers voted soaps' best of all time, check out Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments enhanced e-book on Amazon and BN.com.

No comments: